7/13/09
Fam, Sounds like a fun week there! This week has been pretty good except noone came to church! People are very frustrating to work with when they wont come to church because they want to sleep or they have to work. We have a couple people who would already be baptized because they know its true if they would come to church. I got your letter mom. I have no idea who signed for it. It probably just went to some random guy who got a free haircutting kit. You should call Fedex or Walmart and have them send a new on because they gave it to the wrong person. Did you ship it or did Walmart? I wrote grandma and grandpa a letter this week but i still need to send one to Aunt Carol. I sent a letter in the mail for your birthday mom. It would have been on time but i couldnt seem to get to the post office till a week after your birthday. I cant remember if i told you happy birthday. Sorry if i didnt. I promise i remebered. HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!! I made the cheesecake the sunday after my birthday. Delicious! Im learning how to cook pretty well out here when i have time to cook. A missionary's eating schedule is terrible. We skip a lot of meals and then eat a lot of food at once when we get the chance. We generally dont have dinner till 10:00. At least im able to go to the gym everyday. This family yesterday brought is three huge platters of quesadillas and stuff to make burritos! We have zone conference tomorrow which is always really really good. Heres some spanish for Aaron and Caleb to learn: You are a monkey./ Tu estas un mono. I have 5 turtles./ Yo tengo una tortuga.Aaron and Caleb are cool./ Aaron y Caleb son chevre.The Book of Mormon is true./ El Libro de Mormon es verdadero.Caleb ran to the field to play soccer./ Caleb corrio al campo jugar futbol.Aaron plays baseball very well./ Aaron juega beisbol muy bien. I finally got to talk to someone in english yesterday. We were about to leave these apartments and i was about to get in the car when i saw a lady sitting on the stairs that looked Spanish. I started talking to her in Spanish but then she spoke english back so i taught her in English. I set a baptism date with her for the 26th. We are going back on Tuesday so hopefully it will still go well. We keep getting really close with a lot of people and then something always happens. Anyways, have fun at girls camp everyone! We are going to go play soccer with some other missionaries downtown later today. I just found out we have to drive to Kingsland, GA tomorrow for zone conference. First time in Georgia! Except at the Atlanta airport i guess...I hope everyone week is awesome! Sorry i havent written you a letter yet rachel. You'll get one by the time you get back from girls camp. Thanks for all the prayers everyone! I need all the ones i can get! Love,Elder Carty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment