Sunday, October 18, 2009

October 12th, 2009

Fam,

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Lucky you with cold
weather! I am getting extremely sick of the heat!
It wasnt my suit pants dont worry. But it was one
of my nicer pair. I should be alright with what i
have. I was actually given a pretty decent pair
of pants recently anyways. But i do need like
5 more pairs of socks. And maybe like 2 pairs of
garments. Actually i could use another short sleeve
shirt probably. i would probably need to try it on
though.

Transfers are this week and im leaving again! I
really wanted to stay here for a while but thats
alright. I leave thursday. This area was spilt in
two before with 4 missionaries but they havent had
enough missionaries the last 2 transfers. We are
getting 3 more now so they will probably send 2
more here so i could end up in the same branch
but a different apartment. I have a bunch of
frozen meat i have to leave behind. You'd be
proud of me mom, ive been cooking a lot this
transfer. Im slowly learning how to make different
kinds of hispanic food. Ill have to miss our
baptisms this weekend as well. We are baptizing
Yave's daughter and 3 Cubans who are the parents
of the kid we baptized last week and the sister
of on of the parents. They are awesome! We ate
at their house last night. The only problem with
Cubans is you cant understand a word they say!
Most of them i can understand about half but
the dad, i literally couldnt understand a word
he said! He mumbles and slurrs his words together.
Even Elder Peck who has spoken for almost 2 years
didnt understand a lot.
Today im at Hermano Pinto's house emailing. We
did laundry here and they fed us this morning.
My companions wanted to go to the library after
and email and then just hang around so im going
with Pinto to play soccer with some other
missionaries and hispanics. We already played
a little this morning.
As far as books go for Spanish, i just got a
work book that i ordered that they should
have given me when i started but the office
people didnt know about it. I should be fine
with the materials i have right now. I feel
like i keep improving. We had 3 trade offs
with members on thursday and we each went to
different appointments. I prayed really hard
to have the words to express myself and the
Lord really blessed me. i was able to think
perfectly clear and recall every word that i
needed to say. It was a very good learning
experience that i need to trust more in the
Lord.
Good job playing soccer Aaron! Thats awesome
that you always win! Keep it up! Do you like
dad as the coach? Thanks for the letter and
the picture last week! Well, time to get going.
Dont send anything till i tell you my new address.

Love you all very much!

Love,
Elder Carty

No comments:

Post a Comment