1/4/10
Buenos dias! Sounds like everyone had a great week of skiing! We had a pretty good week here too. Good job on the missionary work! You should ask when the missionaries will be there next and then invite her over for a dinner and to listen to the missionaries! I challenge you to do that this week or next. Only 1/1000 people who hear our message from tracting are baptized and 2/3 are baptized when a member invites someone over to hear the dicussions. Those are insane statistics! Keep it up! Oh transfers are this week and im getting transferred! I will be going right back where i came from, the San Jose Branch in jacksonville! Now they have 2 companionships there so i will actually be in a different apartment this time which is good cause the other one is horrible! I will also be senior companion. I havent met him yet but i found out his name is Elder Baker and he's been out for 3 months now. I had a feeling i would be leaving here. Ill miss the country felling but im excited for the city again too. Its a lot faster paced because theres so many more people to talk too and a lot of apartments to tract. Today we are going to go play indoor soccer with the district in lake city which should be fun and then we have a spaghetti dinner at an older ladys house. Oh and we have are new goals for the year! 3050!!! Its split into 2 parts: 1300 baptisms and 1750 reactivations of less- or inactive members. Everyone is really excited about the mission goal but we've focused on only baptisms for so long that noones really sure how to reactivate! i go to my new area on wed. and then we have another mission conference on thurs. to talk about the new goals. Our zone leaders also had us come up with our own personal goals for the year. I prayed about it and came up with 110: 50 baptisms and 60 reactivations. I promised the Lord i would reach it so i better get workin! As far as school goes i am more and more unsure about what kind of pilot i want to be and what to do about school. I was on a tradeoff with a zone leader whos brother is in the air force academy and loves it. It really got me thinking about considering that option or maybe some other options. There are ups and downs to both ways i guess. Im not sure i want to be in the military but it just seems a lot more exciting but its also extremely competative so i dont know. I may start researching some other options out. But i think i still have some time. Have you applied for any scholarships yet? I really need to start applying for some soon. Anyways, thanks for the letter mom and the email dad! Report to me on your missionary work progress this week! Hope everyone has a great week. Have fun your last semester of high school rachel cause youll miss it when youre done!
Love,Elder Carty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment