Elder Carty goes Spanish!!!
Hola! Como estan? Yo estoy bueno! Estoy en Jacksonville Beaches! Well writing in Spanish takes too long... Ill try to write more in spanish next week. This is crazy! Hey how did you know i got switched to Spanish? President Newman called last week and asked me if i would learn Spanish. Im really excited but its gonna be very challenging. Right now i can only do part of our door approach in Spanish and bear my testimony. A lot of it is coming back to me from high school. Everybody keeps saying i need to read the book of mormon out loud in a transfer and ill be fluent so ive been doing that every chance i get cause it takes a lot longer. Im almost done with first Nephi already. Did you tell Aunt Cathy and Jorge and everyone else im learning Spanish? Our apartment is less than a mile from the beach. Looks like i wont really need my bike anymore cause all the spanish missionaries have cars. If i never use it i may just send it home but we'll see. We just got back from playing laser tag and miniature golf with about 12 other missionaries. I like it here in Jacksonville a lot. It was a nice change but it's starting to get really hot here! My new companions name is Elder Trott. He's from Gilbert, AR and is very fluent in Spanish so im learning a lot. Although he learned it in the MTC. Theres only 14 Spanish missionaries in the mission and i guess we are losing a bunch over the summer so i got called. I dont know what i need for my birthday. I dont really need anything for the kitchen. Maybe some cds or something. I like acoustic guitar music. or you could send some in spanish.
Sorry i cut it short just in case my time ran out. Send lots of cherry nibs! And maybe some money to do stuff on pday. I dont really know what else i could even use... A new tie is always nice. A lot of people have told me that the books 501 Spanish Verbs and 1000 Pitfalls in Spanish is really good. I think theyre pretty cheap. President Newman said he ordered Spanish books for me from the MTC but i dont think it has a verb book. I really need good sunglasses. If you sent money i could just pick some out. Sounds like a pretty fun week for everyone! Tell grandma and grandpa thanks for the subway card! Tell them i have gotten everything they sent and thanks! They said i havent mentioned it in my emails so maybe you accidentally took it out before you send it to them cause i have thanked them every time. Can you call them and thank them for me? Hey do i need to be seeing a doctor about my hip anytime soon? I should probably talk to one at least cause i dont know if im allowed to run or play any sports at all. I love all of you a lot! And happy pre Father's Day Dad! Love,Elder Carty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment