Monday, September 14, 2009

Hello,

Hows everyone doin? Im doin pretty good here. Soccer sounds
like a blast! We played at the beach last week. I tore up
my toe pretty good... under my right big toe, from playing
barefoot, pulled a big chunk of skin back and a bunch of
sand got all in it. so i put on a sock and kept playing.
lol It was fine though. I just cleaned it out really good
with some alcohol wipes and stuck a bandaid on for a few
days. My feet and legs were extremely sore for a while.

Oh ya i forgot to ask you who it was that wrote me. On
the letter it said Sarah Wuebkles? She said she was a
young woman there but i cant remember her. Did i meet
her? Ill really try to write her today. I was using
all my spare time before to read so i put everything
else off till i was done.

The retention here for recent converts is about the
same as everywhere else in the world. Its not the best
but its not too bad either. We live pretty close to
downtown. There are a lot of ghettos in our area and
a few pretty sketchy parts with people from all over
the world. Usually thats where you find the most humble
people. We have met a lot of people from Burma, Sudan,
and Albania this week. Our area is huge so theres some
good and some bad parts. Actually our apartment is pretty
ghetto. lol. Dont worry though, we'll be safe.

I cant think of too much to put in my package. Maybe some
good granola bars or something. I gotta go before i get
logged off. Happy Anniversary!!!

Love,
Elder Carty

No comments:

Post a Comment