Monday, September 21, 2009

Hey!

Hows everything going out west? Things are going really
good here. We are having a lot of success here and expect
a lot of baptisms soon. Sounds like everyone had a pretty
good week! I have been calling my recent converts this week
from Gainesville to see how they are all doing. Most of
them are doing very well and are still very strong in the
gospel. One of them however has been getting mixed up in
the wrong crowd and falling back into old habits. I had
a couple really good talks with her this week and she is
recommiting to everything and giving up some things.
Please pray for her if you could. She has a ton of
negative peer pressure and all of her friends and family
are extremely against the church. I think that had a lot
to do with it because her parents did'nt know till this
summer that she was baptized and they freaked out on her.
Plus all of her friends pushing her to go to another
church just kind of made her fall a little. But i was
pretty bold with her and we made a plan to get her back
on track so she be around soon enough i hope.

I wrote Sarah this week and ill write Alayna today. I
feel bad cause i havn't written her yet. I really want
to keep up on writing people but it really is a struggle
to find time cause i need to keep in contact with recent
converts as well. I probably have 10 min a day where im
not doing anything and we are always gone doing stuff on
p-days. I have to send this email and go somewhere else
to finish

We were finishing up laundry at Hermano Pinto's house,
our ward mission leader and now im at the library downtown.
It is massive! We are going to go to the Museum of Science
and History after this which should be pretty cool. Oh i
got the package, thanks! Thanks for the letters mom and
rachel! Way to go Aaron for scoring 3 goals! Keep playing
hard! I really fell like my Spanish is improving. I can
finally teach a principle how i want to and basically
express what i want to say. The most frustrating thing
is really wanting to say something and not knowing how
to say it so they'll understand. I dont feel like i
have improved as fast as i should have by now though.
My companion Elder Brown was switched the same time i
was and is a lot more fluent. I think he might have
known a lot more when he started though. The beaches
wasn't the best area to start in either cause there wasn't
that many hispanic people. I guess i need to study and
pray a lot harder. Hows Justin doing? What did he decide
to do and what has happened? I need to send grandma and
grandpa a letter cause its been a while since i have.
Know that we are working as hard as we can here to bring
as many souls to Christ as we can. We leave at 11a.m.
everyday and don't come home till 9p.m. Thanks for everyone
love and support! Here's a quote i just remembered from
Maximus in the movie Gladiator, "What we do in life,
echoes in eternity." (and no i didnt watch that movie
recently, lol)

Love,
Elder Carty

No comments:

Post a Comment