11/2/09
Good morning everyone,
AND HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY RACHEL!!!
I sent you a little something on Friday for your birthday so
it should be there by tues or wed. Sorry its a couple days
late.
This week was a great week for us! We had 2 more baptisms
and confirmed 4 people! The mom of the boys who were baptized
last week who got sick was baptized on tues. Then all 3 of
them and Alejandro were confirmed. He was my first confirmation
in Spanish! I was a bit nervous but it went really well. Our
other baptism this week was Jose Flores. He is a really good
friend of Alejandro and they work together. Last saturday he
happened to be at his house and we invited him to church to
watch Alejandro's baptism and he came and really enjoyed it.
Then we had a lesson with him on tues. and he asked when was
the soonest he could be baptized! It was awesome! On sunday
Alejandro also received the priesthood and after church got
to baptize Jose! He did an incredible job! Now that these
people are baptized we are going to have to do a lot of
finding this week. We have a couple good people but none
of them can be baptized this weekend. The mission has a goal
for a hundred baptisms this week so please pray that we will
be able to find someone else to baptize this weekend.
I am really sad to hear about timber. He has lived for a long
time though. Its interesting because i was talking about him
to my companion last week and felt like he didnt have much
time left cause he was getting so old. Sounds like you had
a neat funeral for him though.
We never got to go gator hunting last week cause half
the family was sick. It was a pretty realxed pday which was
good. We may go kick a soccer ball around today for a bit.
Man daylight savings is really going to hurt the missionary
work. It gets dark at 6:15 now! So if we dont have appointments
im not sure what we're going to do till 9 cause tracting doesnt
really work after dark. Today we are going to work from 3-6
instead of 6-9 cause we dont have any appointments. I really
need to get some pictures developed for my album and make a
cd for you guys. I dont think ive sent pictures home since
Gainesville. I have taken almost 900 pictures! My comp and
i have gotten pretty close. We have a lot of fun and talk about
a lot of stuff. Everything else is going really well here.
Sounds like your job is crazy busy dad! That building in Denver
sounds awesome! A park inside a skyscraper?! Crazy! I dont have
much time left on the comp but im glad your job is going so well.
Keep up the good work! I never got to carve a pumpkin but oh well.
Those frogs sound really cool Aaron and Caleb! Hunting up there
sounds like a blast! A lot of people here love hunting. The deer
arent nearly as big here though. I think i made some of them
jealous when i told them what kind of animals walk by our house.
They go hog hunting with dogs here as well. Which ive heard is
actually really dangerous for the dogs. Can you hunt in the
national forest by our house? It sounds like everyone had a
pretty fun week with halloween and the football game. I love
all of you and hope your is great!
Love,
Elder Carty
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment