Letter from Joseph:
How is everyone? Things are great here! Did you get my first letter? My companions name is Elder Scott. Our district has 8 members and we all hang out together and have a great time! This is my first p-day and im waiting for my laundry to finish. Can you send me a light jacket for p-day. Send my blue and green soccer one and another t-shirt, and delicious treats...
I have already had a lot of really cool spiritual experiences. We went to the temple this morning which was really cool. You guys planned your next temple trip? Elder Scott and I have made awesome progress on the first lesson. We were able to teach a 40 min lesson without notes after 3 days. Its awesome how the spirit has guided us through each lesson and what to say. Words and thoughts just start coming to me when I teach. We have taught the lesson about 15-20 times in a week! In the referral center where we call and confirm B.O.M. and DVD orders I was able to teach a 54 year old man from kentucky the first lesson over the phone. He seemed really interested and wants the missionaries to come over next week. He committed to reading 3 Nephi 11 and Moroni 10:3-5 and said he would pray about it. It was awesome! I also had a cool experience teaching where I felt the spirit stronger than I ever have. My teachers are awesome and we have a lot of fun in class! I have woken up by 6:15 every morning!!!
Tell aaron and caleb that i miss them and wish i could take them skiing! And tell dad that each ski pass = one less letter. jk. Rachel hows school and the boyfriend treating you? Elder Adkins here says he'll date you. Tell josh i miss him and wish he could be here serving with me. I got a letter from Elle today as well. She said she and alayna might come visit. I only have 30 min. each week to write emails and there's 3 min left... we're only supposed to write today so you'll hear from me next week unless i write a letter tonight. Hope everyone has a great week! Theres a lot more i could say but im out of time due to Elder Adkins distractions. He's a funny fellow!
Love,
Elder Carty
No comments:
Post a Comment