Hello! Sorry i didnt email last week but we have been crazy
busy the last two weeks getting ready for 2 baptisms! We
played beach volleyball last saturday and so we didnt even
get a chance to do some other stuff too. Our pdays are
always busy cause we dont have a car. I got to baptize
Fabiola on thursday! Both baptisms were really cool and
very spiritual.
Pres. Newman wants us to part our hair so we all do. It's
not a rule but we all just do it. The bike is working out
great! Its a really nice bike and i paid an extra 50 bucks
for a lock package. It came with a U-bar lock and a cord
that goes around my front tire so it doesn't get stolen
and a seat leash that keeps my seat locked on. And it came
with front and back lights.
My hip is doing great! This week its actually been a little
sore but its doing pretty good. We bike to the gym 3 days a
week. We get up at 5:00 when we do! Its about a 20 min. ride.
Skiing sounds like a blast! I miss skiing a lot! And every
night biking home we pass a lighted soccer field and it makes
me miss soccer! But i am having a ton of fun here! its crazy
how many different kinds of people there are and the different
responses they have. Theres always 1 person each day who wants
to bash and I learned quickly that i just need to stop them
and end the conversation.
I cant remember if i told you but we were challenged to read
the whole Book of Mormon this transfer. I'm about half way
through but theres only 2 weeks left! I need to read a ton!
Ive learned an incredible amount and have grown a lot
spiritually from reading.
I love all the students here! They are all really friendly
and its a blast working with them! We did splits with a few
girls on campus cause they want to serve missions.
The expiration date of my license is 07/03/2010. It was
issued on 01/12/2009.
Sounds like caleb has been up late. haha. I miss watching
movies with aaron and caleb! I gotta run. Tonight we are
watching Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration with an
investigator and having dinner at Charlene's. The movie
thats playing in Salt Lake! Its an incredibly powerful
movie. I got to see it in the mtc too. Tell everyone i
love and miss them. Tell josh that im doing my best to
follow his example in serving the Lord with everything
i have. Josh I look up to you more than you will ever know.
I think about you a lot and try to do what i know you would
do. Thanks for always being there for me and setting an
example for me throughout my life and for serving a mission.
I love you rachel, aaron, caleb, josh, mom, and dad!
Elder Carty
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment