Letter from Elder Carty:
yo yo yo!
Everything is going great here! I only have time for a short
letter today. A member is taking us to a barbeque by a lake
soon. My new companion is Elder Probert. He's been out almost
a year and is awesome! We have already had a lot of fun. He
loves campus so far. I took him to the suare yesterday and
we did a lot of contacting. I met a guy from India named
Vishnu and committed him to baptism on the 29th! He believed
every word I said. We are teaching him tonight. He said he
decided to give up smoking that day before i met him. The
Lord has defenitely been preparing him. Theres students here
from all over the world so im learning a lot about different
religions. They are all very similar and i believe are all
just different and twisted versions of Christs gospel. We also
met a girl from China yesterday apartment tracting who agreed
to baptism on the 29th too. Im not sure how solid she is yet
because she doesnt understand english too well. I wish i had
taken Chinese! We also have a very solid investigator who is
getting baptized on the 28th! His name is John and he gave up
drinking and smoking and has completely changed his life. He
loves the Book of Mormon and reads and prays everyday. We have
another one on April 4th! He has gone to the same Trinity church
his whole life but he believes the Book of Mormon is true. Hes
just afraid to leave his church. Hopefully with enough faith and
the Spirit all these people will be baptized. The work has
picked up a lot here. President Newman called Elder Jolley
and I to personally thank us for the work we have done. He
was going to close the area because there havent been many
baptisms here but because of us he is keeping it open.
I love the work here and my shyness has almost completely
gone. The Lord has been helping me a lot to just walk up to
everyone and boldly proclaim His gospel. Its amazing when
all i have to do is open my mouth and the Spirit takes over.
Elder Probert is an extremely good missionary and very
spiritual. He went to BYU for a semester and loves football.
Elder Jolley was made zone leader over Jacksonville west
zone. Last night was a branch party and there were a bunch
of investigators there. Elder Probert is pretty good at ping
pong but i still beat him. I could never beat Elder Jolley
at foosball though when he was here. They started playing
music and dancing around so we left for home.
Yesterday we got 9 new investigators, taught 34 lessons, asked
11 people to be baptized, and set 2 baptism dates. Im not
sure how many total investigators we have.
I looked at the blog. It looks really cool. I havent seen a
lot of those pictures. The new puppy looks awesome! I wont
even get to see her till shes huge! Sounds like your sleepover
was a blast Aaron! What did you guys do? How do you like the
new puppy? I want a letter from you and Caleb! I really miss
you guys and im glad you're having lots of fun.
Prom eh rachel? Send pictures! I still havent heard about this
new boyfriend...
I got that package a while back by the way. Thanks! The
students have actually been taking us out to dinner a lot so
i havent used much of the money yet. I havent gotten your
letter, unless it came today...
well i better go, talk to you soon!
Love,
Elder Carty
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment