8/24/09
Hey fam!
Hows everyone doin? Im doin pretty good. We had Sandro's
baptism on sat!
It was awesome! Then in priesthood, Shannon Trahan,
Eduardo, and Sandro
all received the priesthood. Bro and Sis Trahan were
called to be cub scout
leaders. We get to go to the temple this sat! The
youth from the ward are
going and we are taking a lot of recent converts
to do baptisms. I cant wait!
We have a few really good people we are teaching
right now and will definitely
have a few more baptisms in the next few weeks.
Thanks for telling me about Justin. I will be
praying for him all week.
Thats a pretty tough decision. I hope it all
works out well. Where did
you guys go for the week? I got your email
mom. I cant wait to hear about
your vacation though. How are you guys
doing with the challenge i gave you?
Ive been reading the Book of Mormon in
Spanish pretty much every second i
have to be able to finish it on time. I
have been reading 25 pages a
day-which takes my hour of personal study,
hour of language study,
reading every time im in the car, and more
at night when i get home.
It takes forever! Transfers are in a week
and a half! My comp has
been here for 6 months so he's probably
leaving. I really hope i
stay! I dont want to move away from the
beach and we just started
having a lot of success. They usually
keep the Spanish missionaries
in areas for a while. We had a Spanish
zone conference this week
which was really cool. All the Spanish
missionaries from the whole
mission came together. I learned a lot
and it really inspired me
to finish the Book of Mormon and learn
Spanish as quickly as
possible. I never knew how many
scriptures there are in the
Book of Mormon that prophesy of how
the gentiles will bring
the gospel back to their descendents.
There is one scriptures
that says we will carry them on our
shoulders and on our backs.
I cant remember where its at but
thats relly what it feels like
to be a missionary-to carry the
weight of so many souls. It is
a big burden, and without the
Savior i could never carry such a
burden. Our mission broke our
record for number of baptisms.
Last month we had 117 baptisms!
Hey can you guys send me a bunch
of stamps? Im out of them.
I wrote Doug and Nat a note on a
postcard and put a stamp on
it and realized i didnt put any
addresses on it so i need to
send another one cause the mailman
took it. Oops... I finally
bought a shoe shine kit. I have
only shined my shoes once
since the MTC so they were looking
pretty scuffed. They are
both holding together really well
though. Not too much
else is new. Are you guys excited
to start school? I bet
Caleb is excited for pre-school.
Hope you all have a great
first week of school! Good luck!
Remember to work hard and
play hard. Talk to ya later!
Love,
Elder Carty
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment