Monday, August 10, 2009

Hey!

Thanks for the insurance info! I have my eye exam tomorrow. I doubt ill need a new perscription though but i cant buy new contacts till i get an exam. They have a free trial pair of the contacts that change your eye color so im gonna try it! They didnt actually get me a new mattress. my bed was bowed and the other apartment had an extra mattress so i put that one on the floor. Its no bowed but its pretty hard when its on the floor. They probably havent bought new mattresses in the missin for a long time. Im going to buy a pad to put on top of my mattress today. I think Walmart has memory foam ones for fairly cheap. Hopefully not more than about 40 bucks. That way i can just roll it up and take it wherever i get transferred to. Ill use the money you guys sent in my package. Oh ya thanks for the package! The banana bread is delicious! And thanks for the letter mom. I also got a birthday card from Doug and Natalie so tell them i said thanks! Ill write them a letter this week. I wish i could have been there on Josh's birthday. Sounds like it was very good. I was pretty down that day. I still have hard days off and on too but i think its easier for me to deal with it here. Just hang in there and pray A LOT. It helps more than anything else. The vacation sounds like it will be a blast! Im getting some serious swamp fever here. I miss the mountains! Seminary teacher! Crazy! I dont think i could ever do that! I will pray for you (not that you'll need it). You will make a great seminary teacher! Man it sounds like you are going to be really busy this year. When do you go to Chicago? The Lord is truly blessing you guys for living righteously. Keep it up! Guess what? The family i wrote about is getting baptized on saturday! I will baptize the dad, My comp. will baptize the mom, and the english missionaries will baptize the son and daughter. And they want us to baptize them in the ocean! How awesome is that! We are going to do it sat. morning at the beach! I cant wait! Ill definitely get some pictures of us walking out to the ocean. Pray that it will be good weather! Hey what town in Peru is Uncle Jorge from? We are teaching a few people from Peru. Is he close to the capitol city, Lima? We are hoping that Sandro will be baptized this weekend. He wants to but he parents want him to wait longer. But they said it is really up to him so i think they would be ok with it. Oh and we got a referral from missionaries in Washington D.C. The guy they were teaching, Eduardo, just moved here for law school and wants to be baptized! He was on a lunch break in D.C. and decided to check out the temple's visitor's center. A man there invited him to watch the new Joseph Smith movie and he said he really felt the Spirit and then contacted the missionaries to learn more. He is really open and searching for truth. He is very excited to learn all about the Book of Mormon and knows its true. He has even been calling us to set up the appointments. That never happens! Oh and this lady Rosario that we have been teaching forever finally got an answer and came to church! She was really praying one night to know if it was a sin or not to drink wine because she still thought it was ok. She has been going back and forth about baptism for a while too and could never make it to church cause of work. Right after she prayed she read the Bible and a verse in Luke said that the servants of God do not drink wine and are baptized. Im not sure where the verse is but it answered both problems in one verse! We are hoping we can bet her and her family dunked in the next couple weeks. The work is finally starting to pick up here. I love you all very much and hope you all have an awesome vacation! I expect to receive some awesome pictures very soon!

Love,Elder Carty

No comments:

Post a Comment