Yo!
Hows everything going? Vacation sounded fun even though it rained! This weekend was awesome! The ocean baptisms were absolutely perfect! A lady let us use her beach front property and we did the service in their yard and then walked down to the beach. There were nine of us in white. (The 4 Trahan's and Eduardo who were baptized and then four missionaries including me) I baptized the dad, Shannon. It was awesome to be able to go in the ocean! We then changed and finished the service. The Spirit was so strong there. Especially during the closing song. We sang, "I am a Child of God" and as i was standing there i felt overwhelming joy as the Spirit touched my heart and told me that "these moments are truly why I'm here." I also had a very distinct impression that Josh was standing right next to me along with numerous angels singing. I could literally feel Joshua's presence right next to me with his arm around me. It was the closet i have felt to him since i left home.
Pres. Newman came down to watch it too. I had someone take a bunch of pics for me so ill send some to you soon. Then on Sunday they were all confirmed. I confirmed Eduardo and the 10 year old son of the Trahan's. Hey have you ever seen the mission's blog that Sis. Newman does? Our baptism is on the first page today! It's www.floridajacksonvillemissionnews.blogspot.com.
This morning six of us went for a run on the beach really early as we watched the sunrise. I got some really cool pics! Man i want to live on the beach now! What else is new in Montana? Hope you guys all have fun wherever you decide to vacation this week! Oh do you remember me telling you about the 15 year old kid named Sandro? He has been searching and reading and praying really hard this week to know if he should be baptized. Hes a little afraid that he will make the wrong decision cause he is the only one in his family who will be. We had a really good talk with him about how hard yet how blessed he will be for standing alone and promised he would receive an answer that night (sat.) if he spent a lot of time reading and praying. He sent us a text at midnight saying that he prayed really hard and got the answer he was looking for and wants to be baptized this week! SWEET!!! He said his parents would rather have him wait but that it's up to him. We should have his baptism this sat.
I ended up having an eye exam on thurs at walmart and paid for it on my debit card. Ill send you the receipt just in case. I have a follow up app. this week and will buy more contacts then. Its probably gonna be cheaper to buy a bunch at once so ill probably do that. It was really good to talk to you for a bit dad! Sorry mom. Ill call you next time i have a problem. lol.
I have been reading the Book of Mormon out loud in Spanish since i was switched and im about halfway through. It takes forever plus theres 100 more pages than the english one! But its really helping to improve my spanish. I have a goal to finish by the end of this transfer which is about 3-4 weeks from now. I feel like i have improved a lot lately. I am able to have a decent gospel conversation by myself. The Lord is really helping me learn quickly.
Don't be afraid to share the gospel! I read a really good article in the new ensign about how to have the Spirit more and be closer to our Savior. It talked about have a morning devotional by yourself everyday. We need to find our own "Sacred Grove," a place where we can be alone and receive revelation. In order to be able to receive such revelation and inspiration we need to escape the noise and tumult of this world. I commit you to do this everyday for two weeks. Find at least 15 min. sometime in the morning to read, pray and, meditate. I promise you mom, and anyone else who wants to take this challenge, that if you do this each day without miss, you will have a significant added measure of the Spirit and the Lord will reveal to you who you need to share the gospel with and give you the opportunity to do so by the end of those two weeks. Believe that someone will be prepared and they will be. Thats how the Lord works. I promise words will flow from your mouththat you never knew were there. I have counted over 10 times in the D&C where the Lord gives that promise. Do it!
Hope everyone has an awesome week!
Love,
Elder Carty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment