4/18/09
Hows everything going this week? We are going to a football game in an hour! It's called the orange and blue game. Its Florida's spring scrimmage. We're also going to a talent show for the stake that should be pretty fun. I think a lot of the students here are doing acts. Its hard to maintain the barrier sometimes between being friendly and being friends with them. If i went to school here i would be really good friends with a lot of them. Some of them are extremely good member missionaries. Guess what? Another baptism tomorrow!!! His name is Stephen Allen. A girl brought him to institute and he really enjoyed it so we started teaching with and everything went in perfect order. I dont feel like i did anything at all. I think he was being prepared for a long time. He's a really cool guy and is the same age as me. He's really good at ping pong and seems to barely beat me every time. Last saturday Elder Probert and i played ping pong for 3 and a half hours!!! We started playing and couldnt stop! haha> > Did i ask you about general conference? Did you guys get to watch all the sessions? They were all incredible, especially the priesthood session. I cant believe how much scriptural knowledge i have gained in the past 3 months! I am learning a ton of things that i didnt know before both from studies and from institute. Elder Walker is an incredible institute teacher. You can say any chapter in all the scripture and he can tell you what its about and give all the cross references. Its crazy! > > Have you paid my tithing? Im finally gonna be able to get pictures at Walmart today and ill send them off. I decided im gonna buy a skillet too because the pan at our apartment is terrible. Everything sticks to it and i would cook a lot more if it wasnt so hard to wash. Im just gonna buy on and take it with me when i move. Transfers are almost here again! I found out in a week if i stay or go. Time is starting to go by really fast! I cant believe its been over 3 months now. Man i ran out of all my supplies at once! Toothpaste, deodorant, face wash, body wash, toilet paper, dish soap...AH!!! I hope i have enough for milk! Ive been out for a week. I should be fine though. It was weird-everything literally ran out this morning. > > Any cool new spiritual or scriptural inspiration or revelation from the week anyone wants to share? I learned a lot about the second coming recently. We decided to have our companion study with Elder Walker on morning and we went through all the scriptures and talked about everything thats going to happen before Christ comes. I cant wait for it! I think its gonna be a lot sooner than we think. 10 years? who knows! We talked about the 2 prophets who will preach in Jerusalem for 3 and 1/2 years and have power to cause plagues, turn the waters to blood, and cause it not to rain. and then theres the meeting at the place with the crazy name where Christ, Adam, Moses and a ton of other awesome people will be! I hope i get to watch it! Makes me want to live righteously because of how soon He really is coming.> > We better go to the game! Ill check my email again later and maybe write some more. Talk to ya soon!> > Love,> Elder Carty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment