Friday, April 10, 2009

Letter from Elder Carty 4/3/09

Family,I wish i could be there with you right now. I wish i could be
home for monday. I know that Josh would want me to stay here
and keep working. Its been a hard couple days but Im still going.
I thought I would write a note for dad to read at the funeral since
i cant be there- Josh,As your younger brother I have always looked
up to you. You have always been there and set the example for me.
I can never repay that debt, but I can live my life the way I know you would want me to. I am not here today because I know you would want me to continue serving and blessing others people's lives. I will give everything I have in serving the Lord. I know that is what you would want me to do. Josh your labors of this life are done. You can finally rest from all your cares and troubles. In the Book of Mormon, Alma 40:12 says, "The spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and frome all care, and sorrow." Josh, you are a righteous, humble servant of God and are now in paradise, awaiting the day when we will all be reunited. I smile to know that we will both be serving missions together. You have always been a missionary at heart and loved serving the Lord. "The faithful elders of this dispensation, when they depart from this mortal life, continue their labors in the preaching of the gospel of repentance and redemption through the sacrifice of the Only Begotten Son of God, among those who are in darkness and under the bondage of sin in the great world of the spirits of the dead." (Doctrine and Covenants 138:57)We both have missions now to bring peace, hope, and happiness to all of God's children. Oh how blessed we are to have a god who loves us and has provided a wonderful plan for us to live together forever. His son, Jesus Christ, gave his own life, so we might all receive exaltation and eternal joy and live with the ones we love forever. I love you Josh. You will always be in my prayers and beautiful memories. See ya soon, your brother,Joseph To everyone else here, as a missionary and representative of Jesus Christ I bear testimony him to everyone I meet so I feel inclined to do so. It is a simple testimony that God lives. The atonement of Jesus Christ is real. If you do not know these things I urge you that now is the time to find out for yourself. I have experienced the real power of his sacrifice and it has brought incredible comfort and peace in my life, especially now. Lean on your elder brother Jesus Christ, and comfort and happiness you have never known will fill your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment