Letter from Elder Carty - 5/9/09
Hello! I cant wait to call home tomorrow! I didnt even realize until today that im calling home tomorrow. Ill probably call home around 7:00 my time so thats 5:00 your time? Plan on a little before or after just in case. The garden sounds cool. What are you going to grow in it? Thanks for paying my tithing!!!My new companion is awesome! I have had really good companions so far. I wish i could have stayed with each one of them longer. His name is Elder Brunt and hes from Vancouver, WA. Hes actually really good at ping pong too! We're about the same. This week at night has been harder for me. I think everythings finally sinking in. We have worked really hard this week though which is good. Campus is slow because school is out but summer semester starts on monday. Whenever we see someone we walk really fast to try to catch them. We've been doing a lot of tracting too but there are a lot of empty doors.Sorry about the short email last week. It was a computer for students that you had to stand up at and it shut out of whatever you were in after 5 min. It took me 3 tries to send it. lol. We met a girl this week who is 30 and she agreed to baptism! Also this guy we met who works at this Asian restaurant on campus is really excited to hear our message. Ill tell you a little more about him tomorrow. Oh we're going to Cirque de Soleil today at 3:30! I think they have a bunch of different shows. This one's called Saltimbanco i think. Its supposed to be their largest and longest arena show. Its at the basketball dome on campus. You guys saw it didnt you? Which show was it? What else have you been up to Aaron? I miss you and Caleb A LOT!!! I cant wait to talk to you tomorrow! Ill tell you all about the circus show im going to today. You'll have to tell me all about the circus you went to for Caleb's birthday. What did you plant in the garden? Its been really really hot and humid here! Its been up to 95 degrees and its only May!I ran for the second time since my surgery and my calves and hip are really sore. I didnt run far but im gonna start running every other day so it can get stronger. We are at Charlenes place today with a few other people to do laundry and email. We played a long game of monopoly.Hope you guys all have an awesome weekend! Oh tell Doug thanks for the card! Thats really cool that he his having a special stone cut for Josh. He said hes going up there in May. I love you guys! Talk to ya soon! and longest arena show. Its at the basketball dome on campus. You guys saw it didnt you? Which show was it? What else have you been up to Aaron? I miss you and Caleb A LOT!!! I cant wait to talk to you tomorrow! Ill tell you all about the circus show im going to today. You'll have to tell me all about the circus you went to for Caleb's birthday. What did you plant in the garden?
Love, Elder Carty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment