3/1/10
Aloha!...wait...Hola!
How is everyone doing? Im doing great here! Another awesome week finished with a baptism! It was really sketchy to the very last hour but he got baptised on sat night. His name is Jose Luis Abrajan from Mexico. He is awesome! He plays the guitar and sings really well. He backed out on sat morning when he was supposed to be interviewed by Pres. Newman but we helped him understand that baptism is the first step and then comes knowledge and growth through the Spirit and he felt confident about it again. Then he was an hour and a half late to the rescheduled interview but he finally made it into the water that night. It was awesome! Then the person who picked him up was 40 min late to sacrament and so we had to confirm him in priesthood. When we did i felt the Spirit very strong inside and i felt that he will be the means of many others coming unto Christ.
Sound like D.C. was great! Congrats again on a successful trip! That is awesome that you are going to be building a new hospital! I'm sure you're impression was correct that it will help to increase the branch there. I think either way would be awesome- you guys picking me up and going to Disney World or going on a skiing trip when i get back. My new comp and i have gotten along great! He didn't have any food when he got here so ive basically been cooking for both of us. I can make some mean beans and rice and tortillas. MMM!!! We found out the office couple is gone for a few days so we still don't have pros money! This month i am going to start eating really healthy because we started working out at a gym last week. I ran a mile and a half everyday plus a member from another ward gave us a weight lifting schedule for each week so i started lifting again. This morning i ran 2 and a half miles. Ive probably only gained like 5 pounds in fat on my mission but im going to try to lose that plus the extra i gained from sitting around before my mission. lol. I want to be in good shape when i get home.
That's an awesome picture of Aaron's baptism! Oh I got the letter with loan stuff and it took me a few days to find a copier but i sent it on fri. I wasn't really thinking about where i should send it and i sent it back home. Sorry if i was supposed to send it straight to Utah. I also sent a letter on sat that should give you guys a few laughs. Tell Aunt Cathy thanks a million for the package! I will be writing her a letter this week as well as Grandma and Grandpa. We will probably go play soccer today, i hope. Not too many people here want to play soccer anymore and nobody seems to want to go to the beach to play. I love the beach! Dad you should definitely read Jesus the Christ! I didn't get to read much this week though.
Thanks! Well not too much else that's exciting here. Hope you all have an awesome week! And tell Rachel to make sure her friend is reading the Book of Mormon!
Love,
Elder Carty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment