Sunday, May 16, 2010

4/12/10

Good Morning!
Ya i've been a bit down for the past couple of weeks but im not really sure why. We worked really hard this week cause we had no investigators. We tracted at least 5 hours a day! We found a few really sweet people! We found a Cambodian family and set baptism dates with them. We gave them to the sisters though and there are like 6 of them! They have been taught by other missionaries and were close to baptism and then moved and lost contact. We also found two awesome cuban ladies who have been taught before as well. Its a mother and her daughter who are 70 and 43. They were all set to come to church but they didnt show. Hopefully they are still cool because they are the only investigators we have. We have been visiting members as well and trying to get referrals. One guy who we challenged to bring someone to church brought his younger brother so hopefully he will turn out to be interested. He's 18. We are going to have a dinner with them this week. We have been working really hard but everyone cool that ive found in the last month or two we can never find again after the first visit so we have to drop them. I get along with everyone which is a plus! All of us in the apartment are really good friends actually. I was really excited after transfers cause one of my really good friends that i served around last summer lives with us now. We really want to go rock climbing and caving after the mission cause he's into that stuff too.
Well i was going to go to the doctor a few days after the crash because everyday i woke up and the pain in my back was worse. Then on tues morning it was so bad i could barely move. It almost felt like i cracked a rib in my back or something or i just tweaked the muscles really hard. I called Sis. Newman and she was going to get it set up but she didnt call back for 2 days. She gave me a couple doctors i can try but the soonest app. wasnt till the end of May! Then i called Sis. Newman to see who else i could go see but she still hasnt called back. It feels a lot better though so im debating if i should get it checked out still or not. It still hurts to twist though. Its really a pain having to go through someone else just to see a doctor. She recommended an orthapedic doctor. The church insurance doesnt cover a chiropractor but i think that would be the best option. Does our home insurance cover one? If so can you call the office and try to set it up? If it will cost a lot then thats fine. I might just wait and see how it feels this week first.
I just bought some blank cds and downloaded the audio spanish version of the Book of Mormon and burned 1 nephi on a cd. Hopefully it worked! Oh sorry i forgot to mention anything about the Easter basket! Thanks a ton it was awesome! I had plenty of snacks for general conference! lol! And thanks a lot for the cd! Although i am going to send it back cause i actually already have that one. lol. Oops! I brought it from home. But if you wanted to send a different one i wouldn't mind. I have Then Sings My Soul and Called to Serve. Actually when does the general conference come out on cd? Maybe you could wait and send that. I loved the conference talks! I listened to all the talks from the last one you sent at Christmas like 10 times! And i learn something new every time! Thanks a lot for all of your prayers. I know they have helped a lot. I better get going cause they're waiting for me. Have an awesome week!
Love,
Elder Carty

No comments:

Post a Comment