Sunday, May 16, 2010

3/15/10

Hey!

Well another week has flown by and i barely noticed! Its been a pretty successful week. We are finding several people that are accepting baptismal dates but so many are stuck on the fact that they dont know enough to get baptized. Its hard to get people to understand that baptism is the first step and then comes the knowledge when you have the gift of the Holy Ghost. Its been really frustrating my comp. But we are finding people to teach so thats good. Hopefully they will all keep progressing. I had a cool experience last night of the gift of tongues. I knocked on the door of some brazilians who spoke only portuguese. They can usually understand spanish but its really hard to understand portuguese but last night i could understand almost every word they were saying and they could understand me perfectly. I couldnt understand the words they were saying but it was like the Spirit was wispering the word to me in Spanish or putting the meaning into my mind so i could understand exactly the meaning of what they said. Its hard to describe but it was really neat! Ive been thinking a lot about trying to learn some portuguese. I think it would really help because we keep running into more and more brazilians. Im going to pray about it though to see if the Lord needs me to or not.

Today we are going to the zoo with the sisters and i think some other missionaries are meeting us there. I am way excited! Its been a while since ive gone to a zoo. Last week we finally went to the beach and played soccer. I always play to hard at the beach and cut and stratch up my feet and ankles. Plus the bruises on my legs. lol. Dont worry its not that bad. Someones toenail must have been long cause it cut ankle. Gross! Now im going to grow fungus on my leg! I was really sore this week!

Thats awesome that you guys are so good about going to the temple! Keep it up! We had a branch temple trip on sat. but none of our recent converts could go so we couldnt go either. I miss the temple! Ive been thinking a lot about Josh this month but its all been really good feeling as if he was very close. I think its because its almost been a year. I cant believe its been so long already.

Well i dont have much time left on the computer and we have to go meet the sisters soon. Sounds like everything continues to go really well over yonder. Thanks for all of your love and support and prayers each day! And tell Pres. Farris and the branch thanks for the package!

Love,
Elder Carty

No comments:

Post a Comment