Good morning,
Our baptism went great on sunday! Kat was skipping with joy through the halls right before the service and could hardly contain herself in her chair. She has been waiting for this for a long time. It has been great to watch the light increase in her countenance day after day as she changes bigger things in her life and then smaller and smaller things. She is afraid to break any commandments and wants to learn everything as fast as she can. We recontacted a former investigator and she was interested again so we'll see what happens. A member also told us last night that he went on a date and shared with this girl the plan of salvation and about the Book of Mormon and she was very interested and he is trying to set up a time to teach her. Everything else is going well.
Today we have to wash, wax, vaccuum, and detail our car and then take iot to the office to trade them for a new car. Its a 2011 Chevy Malibu. We are over at Sunnys house to clean it. I cant really think of much to say right now... As far as Christmas goes dont worry about sending anything. Im not just saying that either cause whatever you send here i wont be able to take home cause im already going to have to send home 1-2 large boxes of stuff and i wont have time to eat food or goodies if you send those. Id rather just have fresh goodies when i get home anyways. I wouldnt send anything, packages or letters, my last two weeks in case they dont make it in time cause of the holidays. Thanks for waiting for me for Christmas! I am excited for a white Christmas. I have vowed to never have a nonwhite Christmas again! lol. For Christmas presents when i get home...i could use some new ski boots. Mine are pretty beaten. Those are expensive though. I also may need a winter coat cause mine is pretty well used. I would have to try stuff like that on though. My suits are actually pretty nice still. I have only worn them for church and baptisms and i always change right after church. i recently dry cleaned one and im going to dry clean the other right before i come home. I do need a new for church though. Mine are pretty worn. I will probably need a laptop for college next year but i still have time to get that. Ill probably need some regular clothes actually. I dont think i have many pants. I dont know...I cant remember what normal life is like anymore so i dont know what ill need. Oh also is there a gym in St. Regis or Superior? Can i get a membership to it? I really need to go to a gym when i get home to strengthen my hip and back. I just dont have the time or means to do it very well here. Ive been pretty careful though not to injure it. If im going to be skiing a lot though i will need to be lifting weights for my back or i know ill injure it again. It does feel like its healed a lot but im not sure if it will completely heal. Luckily Sunny and the guys had an extra queen mattress in the garage that they gave to me. Its the first bed ive had with a box spring and a frame! Its helped out my back though. My hip is doing very well though. I can run pretty well actually but i do need to do some strength training for it. Oh i was going to ask which room mom is making for me. Is it the one downstairs where i was before? Does Rachel still have the same room? Where do Aaron and Caleb sleep? Im not sure i would be able to stay in Josh's room. I dont know why but i think it would be too hard. Sorry this is kind of a boring letter. I am doing really well though. Just trying to stay motivated and keep going. Anyways have a great trip to Nevada!
Oh i almost forgot!! Happy Thanksgiving! We are going to 2 different members houses for dinner. And happy 50th Anniversary Grandpa and Grandma Barr!!! Enjoy 50 more!
Love,
Elder Carty
No comments:
Post a Comment