Sunday, December 19, 2010

6/21/10

Hey!
Hows everyone doing? im doing really good. This week i dont feel like we've been able to do much missionary work. My comp goes home on wed so tons of people had us over or took us out to eat so he could say goodbye to everyone. Hes been here for a long time so hes gotten really close with several people here. It was a really fun week though. We got to go to Olive Garden, Red Lobster, a japanese steakhouse, a bbq, and tonight a potluck. I am going to be huge! Oh and transfers are this week and im staying here which is what i thought would happen.
Hows D.C. Mr. bigshot? Sounds like a really good trip. Now you have a small taste of the humidity and heat here. But Florida is much worse. It got up to 104 degrees a few days this week! Did i tell you about our temple trip last week? I think i forgot. We took several recent converts last sat to the temple in Orlando. It was really neat. I got to do confirmations. Stephanie, our 15 yr old recent convert was able to have her dad baptized who passed away when she was 7. We also helped several other recent converts prepare the names of their parents and grandparents. I think we helped prepare about 20 names that they took to the temple. I have never done that before so it was a really cool experience.
Happy Father's Day! Hope you had an awesome Fathers Day! I was going to write a letter this week but before i knew it it was sat already. I cant belive how fast time is flying! I guess when i called on Mothers day it counted for Fathers Day too right? That book you got sounds really good. Thanks for being my dad! I appreciate you more than you know for the example you have been to me of righteousness. The more i see families that arent raised in the gospel or parents who really never cared enough to be an example to their children, the more i am grateful to have a dad like you. Thank you for all the countless sacrifices you make to be able to raise your children in the Lord. It has meant everything to me. Thank you.
Did the doctors office call you at all or send you the MRI results? They sent me some papers that had the doctors notes and explaination of my back and the results. Im not sure if they sent you the same thing or something else or if im supposed to mail it to you. I told them to send it to you so we'll see. Let the mission office know when you get it so i know. Ill call the doc today to make sure. Dont worry the bill is being sent to the church's insurance. I guess i was supposed to put the mission office as my address when i filled out the paper work. I had it changed though. My back is feeling much better but still gets sore from sitting or standing for too long. My stomach has been fine. I started physical therapy last week which is going pretty good. I do have to pay a $10 copay each time though. Ive had to pay it for 2 doctor visits and 4 physical therapy visits within the last month. Ive spent $60 form my debit card for that. If i finish all the physical therapy ill have 9 more visits plus a follow up with the doctor so ill have to spend another $100 bucks! Its been helpful though because i feel like its strengthening my back and their helping me have better posture cause i think thats a big factor. I might see how this week goes and then if i feel like i can just do the rest on my own ill stop going.
Sorry i didnt give too many ideas for my birthday last week. I have some now! Dont feel like you have to get me much or the stuff i request if its too much. I was thinking about one of the new Spanish Bibles. A lot of people in church are using them now and the translation is pretty different so it could be helpful. Heres the website: http://deseretbook.com/item/5026996/Bonded_Leather_Bible_Regular_Indexed_Spanish_
If you got one i would want the one thats indexed with the names of the books. Its the black one to match my Book of Mormon. Also ive seen some cool spanish scripture covers online and i really need a scripture case for them.
There are several different patterns but i think i like the Navajo pattern. Or whichever you decide. I dont think i really need much else except maybe pants. I only have 2 pair left left that are decent. One has carpet burn marks on the knees. My other 2 pair were ruined a while back from a bike crash and wrestling a Honduran guy. lol. Id rather try them on though cause they all fit different. Tell Mike and Janice i said thank you for the money! I dont have time to send them an email today. Thanks also for the emails Rachel! This is really rare! lol. Sorry i havent had much time to write back. I promise ill write you tonight no matter how tired i am. Thanks for everything fam! You're the best!
Love,
Elder Carty

No comments:

Post a Comment