Dear family and friends,
This week was pretty good. We had a great miracle on Sunday I want to share. A Cuban man named Roberto woke up yesterday morning and really felt like he needed to go to church somewhere. He lives close to the church here and was walking down the street and saw it with the parking lot full. He was worried they would only speak English but he felt led to go inside. He walked in right after the sacrament and found our Spanish group. We were able to teach him afterwards and he stayed for all 3 hours and then a baptism from the other Elders. He really enjoyed it and asked some good questions. He is very interested and wants us to come teach him this week. We also found 3 other really cool guys who loved the Book of Mormon and really want to come to church and also like the idea of baptism. We arent able to set a very fixed date with them because of their work schedule. Their boss just calls them when he has work for them and they go to Tampa and Orlando a lot. There are tons of hispanics in the same situation. They never know if the work until the morning of when their boss calls them and picks them up. I have taught many people who I truly believe would have been baptized if they were able to live under normal circumstances. But sometimes all we can do is pray and work and hope for a miracle.
It has been hot here too. It hit 100 degrees plus there were a couple really humid days. Now you guys have a little taste of living in the heat! A lot of the houses or trailers we go into dont have much AC either and its really hard to focus sometimes to teach well. I find out if im being transferred on sat so ill let you know next week. I kind of hope i do but kind of not. I think ill be satisfied either way. I like this area a lot but i like changing to new scenery. It keeps me on my toes and i feel like i work harder and am happier and time goes by faster when you mix things up. I hope you guys have fun on vacation this week in UT! My emails a bit short but I have a headache right now and my back is hurting from sitting here so i need to walk around and do something. Today has been kind of lazy. We still got up on time and exercised but then we played Monopoly for 3.5 hours afterwards. lol. And our game still isnt done! Grandma and grandpa sent me a check for my birthday and im still trying to figure out how to cash it. I dont know if i can have someone else here with a bank account do it or not. If not i may just mail it home this week and you can deposit it in my account. Ill let you know. Well, have a great week!
Love, Elder Carty
Love, Elder Carty
No comments:
Post a Comment