Que pasa!
The trip to Utah sounded like a blast! Lagoon sounds like it has a lot more intense rides. Its been forever since ive been on a roller coaster. And far too long since ive done anything crazy! Im doing good here. Working hard, playing hard(on pday of course). We went to the beach this morning to watch the sunrise. It was awesome except nobody wanted to play soccer. Another missionary and i kicked around for a while though. It was pretty fun. Elder Webb is really trying to get me to go to laser tag and mini golf with several Elders but im not sure yet. We woke up at 4:30am! Well on sat we had transfer calls and i found out im staying. Then 5 min ago the APs called and told me im getting transferred! Im not sure if they forgot or made some last min changes. I would have been happy either way. Theres plenty more work for me to do in this area still but i enjoy a change of scenery. Ive decided about 3 months is the perfect amount of time for me in an area. Thanks for sharing the miracle about the guy who came back to church. Thats great! Its a perfect opportunity to share the gospel and get a few baptisms up there! Thats weird to hear about Camy in college. I only slightly remember what she looked like 13 years ago! I heard they are remodeling the Ogden temple to make it more attractive for weddings. Maybe they have too many weddings to do at other temples and noone wants to get married there. You wouldnt have to buy a wedding cake if you did though cause it looks just like one! Ok, bad joke... Thank you for putting my name in the temple. I feel like i could use the extra blessings. My back is ok. It still really bothers me when i sit or stand for too long, which i do a lot as a missionary. Riding in the car for very long also really bothers it. Its hard to focus sometimes cause im trying to focus on sitting up straight when it hurts during lessons and sometimes i miss what comp said. I dont feel like i have enough time to work it out well enough. 30 min just isnt enough time and i feel like its gotten weaker since physical therapy. Therapy actually helped a lot. Maube there will be a gym in my next area and ill be able to work out better there. We stopped going here a few weeks ago cause we were using too many miles in the car. I may talk to Sis Barry about how i can do more excercise or something. Dont call her or the office though. Ill let you know how it is this week. I also havent been working out as much because ive been reading extra every morning. I forgot to tell you about my goal! I decided i would read the Book of Mormon out loud again but this time write down every word i dont know and look at the meaning in the English one. My goal was to finish it in a transfer which is 6 weeks since i didnt the first time. In Spanish its 642 pages and im on page 440 with a week to go. Im gonna have to read a ton this week! Im doing well with Joshua's passing. Once in a while i think about it but i think the Lord has really helped me not to focus on it as much. I think it will be harder when i come home. I think im going to focus a lot on prayer this week. I feel like i could be closer to my Father in Heaven through more effort and heart in my prayers. Also please pray for Sis Trahan. She developed a type of cancer from her pregnancy and has been in the hospital for a few weeks. Im not sure how serious it is yet. Well i love all of you and miss you! Thanks for the great emails! Oh yeah Rachel, a missionary here said he wants to meet you cause he goes home next week and is going to to Weber State. I told him fat chance cause shes not dating anyone till i get home! haha. You better back me up on this one! jk Have a great last 2 weeks of summer!
Love,
Elder Carty
No comments:
Post a Comment