Sunday, December 19, 2010

11/29/10

hello!
This week has been great. Kat was confirmed on sunday and we also had a miracle on sunday. Well first we visited a member on saturday who hadnt been to church for a month and apparently her boyfriend wants to marry her but she will only marry a member of the church so he started looking into the church and has been reading the Book of Mormon with her and she told us he wants to be baptized. he showed up at church on sunday and fit right in. He really enjoyed church and even made several comments in Priesthood. He then called us today to see when we could come by to teach him. he is 31 and said he is ready to change his life and focus on God again. I was asked on friday to speak in sacrament and gave a talk on prayer. I learned many valuble lessons while preparing and received some very personal revelation from the Spirit. It was a wonderful experience. I have felt an urgency recently to strengthen my relationship with heavenly Father and this talk spurred me to do so. Wow God really gives you a lot of strength when youre on a mission. i woke up sunday morning with a sore throat and body aches and i had to give a talk and translate sunday school. Then we had a pretty busy day planned afterwards. I have felt many times when i was sick on my mission like the sicknes is there and i can feel it but its like its in the background. Its hard to explain... I have felt all these symptoms come on before and i keep expecting them to set in all the way but they never do. I still feel sick but the Lord has given me a lot of strength to accomplish everything hes needed me to.
I sent my bike home today as you may already know. I had it shipped to the hospital and it should be there by friday or monday they said. It was cheaper to ship it to a business rather than a residential address. I decided to just box it up myself and it was actually pretty easy and it saved me $40. It cost $58 dollars to ship it and i put it on my home card. I sent it through a bike shop because they get good deals on shipping. It will come through UPS. Did the box i sent home make it ok? I sent a box of books last monday so it should be there by now. Just leave that and my bike boxed up till i come home. And please keep my bike inside the house till i get home so it wont rust or freeze outside. Thanks!
Oh and tell the primary thanks for all the letters! They were great! And thank you Aaron and Caleb for the tape! That was the best gift ive ever gotten! Thanks for sharing all the cool stories. I cant wait to come home and see you. Only 30 more days from today! Thats 4 weeks! We can go skiing, snow camping, watch movies, go sledding...more skiing. be sure to plan out some awesome stuff to do when i get back. I will do my best to send the tape back this week. How was Nevada? What did you do there? Talk to you soon! Actually, ill talk to you in 26 days on Christmas! Have an awesome week!
Ya youre right about the room. I dont think it will be that big of a deal. I have moved past it already too and i think it will be ok, especially if it looks different. Thanks for the tip dad. i will try it out. I actually havent had to memorize it on my mission but i have definitely read it a lot.
Thanksgiving was really good. We only ate at one house cause we ate a ton! We probably only ate 1/4 of the food that was there! Then we went to another members house that evening and had a ping pong tournament. lol. They are a brazilian family and theyre son is leaving for a mission to Portugal in january. Im glad you all had a great Thanksgiving and a safe trip! Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Elder Carty

No comments:

Post a Comment