Sunday, December 19, 2010

6/28/10

Buenas Tardes,
Hows everyone doing? Im doing really good. We had a pretty good week. My new comp is a different Elder Johnson. He is from Manatua, UT which is right next to Logan. I remember flying over it a lot. He loves the outdoors and would fit in perfectly in MT cause he loves fishing and hunting and camping. He likes to work really hard so i think we'll see a lot of success this transfer. The new mission pres. lands today at 4:00. The Newman's are picking them up and then they leave tomorrow i believe. On wed. we'll get to meet him so im pretty excited. Last night our ward had a special fireside for pres. newman and they spoke and a lady in the ward made a quilt for them and had everyone sign it. It was the last time ill see them! for a while at least. Im sure ill see them again. We set a baptism date with a guy on sat. but i think he ditched out of church to watch the Mexico vs. Argentina game in the World Cup. Serves him right though cause Mexico lost 3-1! I get updated a lot from the people here. We actually played soccer this morning. The church is next to the high school and about 8 kids that play for the team came and asked if they could play. It was really really hot though. I was dying! The humidity has been really intense lately. We ended up teaching all of them the first lesson afterwards. They were all fairly receptive and a couple may come to church. If not i know they felt the spirit there.
Thanks for the scripture cover! I think im going to exchange if thats ok. Its a little too big. The one i was looking at has an individual case for each one that zips around. Ill send it today and they should just reimburse your card. I think to make it easier ill just order it with my home card and then you can just put money in my account if you want. Ill tell you how much it was. Hope thats ok! I wouldnt mind the Parley P Pratt audio book but only if its not going to be too much. Id rather have the case and the bible first. I found it for $27 at Seagull Book unless you can find it cheaper. Other than those and pants i dont think i need much else. Just send money if you want for the pants. Theres a mall right across the street with a JCPenney. Dont spend too much money on me cause you're already paying a lot for my mission. Ill be happy with whatever you want to send. Thanks for everything! You guys are the best!
Hey Uncle Rick! I hear its your birthday! Happy Birthday! I hope you and Aunt Kim are doing great! I havent heard from you in a long time. Shoot me an email or a letter if you have some extra time and let me know what you guys have been up to. Im not sure if you read my emails or not but hopefully you'll get this part. My mission has been full of miracles. I have seen the power of God and Jesus Christ work incredible changes in people's lives and i know with all my heart that they live. I know that Christ has restored his church to the earth and that families can and will be eternal through his holy temples. Thanks for being such a cool uncle! Hope to here from you soon.
And also speaking of birthdays...Happy Birthday Mom! And you thought i almost forgot! jk. I have been thinking all week about what to send. Youre a lot harder to buy for than dad for some reason. Ill send something though. I hope you have a wonderful birthday! How old are you anyway? I think i lost track now that youve had so many! lol just kidding! 47? Thanks for everything you do mom!
As far as my copay goes, the church pays for everything except a $10 copay that we are required to pay for each doctor or therapy visit. I actually found out that the insurance will only cover 2 more p.t. visits so ill be done after that. Its helped strengthen my back a lot i think cause they have me do excersises i would have never thought of. I know enough by now i should be able to just keep it up on my own, especially since we go to the gym everyday. After these i wil have spent $110 for the doctor visits. Even if you guys could help me out with some of that instead of many birthday gifts i would be happy.
Well i hope everyone has an awesome week! Pray that we will find miracles cause we dont really have any investigators right now. Thanks for all your prayers!
Love,
Elder Carty

No comments:

Post a Comment