8/30/10
Fam,
Hello hello hello! Hows the northwest? The southeast is pretty good. We had a fun week with so many activities in the branch. Man hispanics love to dance! I really want to learn some of their dances. There was a farewell of a missionary on sat night and afterwards everyone started dancing. And not just the teenagers! A lot of adults were dancing just as crazy and as good as the teens. Even a couple old ladies were throwin down! haha! We just made our rounds talking to members and trying to teach nonmembers. A few really good friends from Gainesville were actually there which was a great surprise to see them. Did i tell you about Daniel Johanson? Hes married now! I got to see him a week before he was married which was great. We met for lunch after a meeting in Gainesville. On fri night there was a baby shower which apparently in most hispanic culture the men go as well, we were a little uneasy. lol. There were some nonmembers though so it was good to go. Not to mention free food. I dont think we could handle any more food! We are fed a ton between member dinners and fiestas. So much for trying to eat healthier. I was determined to eat healthy and run every day at the beginning of the transfer but it hasnt been working out so well. I feel like im starting to gain weight cause of so much unhealthy food. Not good! Im going to have to work out a lot when i go home.
That ski instructor job sounds great! I would definitely want to do that! Sounds like soccer is starting off well. I wish i could play more. Im glad my date was changed for the 29th cause ill be able to see rachel now and also have a better change at getting that job or something. I really need to make money! The 19 mile bike ride sounded sweet.
Thats great to hear about the couple who came to church. I am sure they will be baptized. Great missionary work! One of the two ladies we found ended up being lame but we havent been able to contact the other yet. She seemed more interested anyway. A youth brought her friend to church on sunday so we will start teaching her. She really enjoyed church. Thanks for the letter mom! It really helped improve my prayers and to be more grateful for what i have been blessed with. I dont have much more time to write today... We're short on time cause we woke up on time but after 20 min we both laid back down and fell asleep on the couches for 3 hours! oops! I am doing well here and trying to make the best out of the time i have left. Its going by fast but i feel like im starting to be a little more anxious to see home. Im doing my best to be patient though. Thats probably on of the greatest things ive learned on my mission- how to endure with patience. I have found that a lot of enduring to the end has to do with love. Love for Christ and others. Not only long term patience but patience with others, with the Lord, with getting the things that you want. The world is all about now now now but recalling Pres Uchtdorf's talk on patience he said that the ability to wait for the things we want can have a great effect on future succes in life. I know thats true. Thanks for everything you all do! Have a fantastic week!
Love,
Elder Carty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment