Dear y'all,
This week was great! Crystal was baptized on thursday and confirmed on sunday. She had a lot of support which was great. We had like 40 people at her baptism. Her friends dad was able to baptize her. Normally he has to work for a few hours thursday night. He drives to Orlando everyday to bring the dirty clothes from a hotel and wash them at a warehouse. We went and helped him and his family so they could make it to the baptism. We had to sort all of the dirty towels and sheets from the hotel. Nasty! Who knows what was on them! We went really fast and finished in like a third of the time they normally would have. It all worked out perfectly. On sunday they had two speakers on missionary work and Pres Barry spoke a few min at the end. In between the speakers Elder Toney and i sang a duet. Yes, you heard correctly, I sang in sacrament. We sounded really cool though. We sang the spanish words of "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" to the tune of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing". We sang the first verse together and the next two verses i sang the melody and he sang a harmony and then the last verse we sang together but made soft and slow at the beginning and then it got louder in the middle and them soft again at the end. I didnt realize our mission president and his wife would be there though so i was a little more nervous. I think thats the only duet ive ever sang in public. I really would like to be better at singing. I feel like i could be a lot better if i had some training.
We heard some devastating news yesterday. A very active couple in the ward who have four boys, two in college in Orlando and two teen age, are going through a divorce. We felt like something was wrong since we got here but never would have expected that. They were married in the San Diego temple and everything. He served a mission and is willing to do whatever it takes to work it out but she just isnt. We had dinner with them yesterday and they were all really depressed. Then after dinner she took her mom home and he told us that last May she asked him for a divorce and last week the Sherriff showed up and gave him the papers and said he has a month to respond. All the kids are telling her not to do it cause its against everything she taught them but it sounds like it wilol happen now. It all simply comes down to desire and humility. Anything can be worked out if we are willing to work at it and are humble to receive counsel and help then we can overcome anything. We can never ever give up when times are too hard. He wants to go to marriage counseling but she wont do it. She is such a nice lady. I am really surprised. I have learned a lot on my mission that i can apply to marriage. The gospel simply covers everything that will will ever need to know in our lives. Its great!
I got the package you sent. Thanks! It was great! The cookies went well with the Pumpkin ice cream i bought last week...i mean...what ice cream? I actually dont buy it very often anymore. Maybe once a month. I really dont eat out much either. My comp eats out a few times a week but i usually dont eat with him. I really havent eaten out much for a long time. I have saved a lot more money and probably wont eat out at all when i go home. I learned a long time ago that you can waste a lot of money that way. Did you get the box i sent mom and dad? I surprised its not there yet. I sent it over a week and a half ago. I should have sent it priority cause it was only a dollar more. It should be there any time. I know you told me not to send anything but i got them a couple months ago. Happy belated anniversary. Ask Rachel if she got something from me. She still hasnt email back and i need to know if she got something i sent. It was about 3 weeks ago. Let me know! Thanks for everything! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Carty
No comments:
Post a Comment